Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The First Step: Purchasing a Westfalia


In the beginning there was an idea:

Let's do the Big Canadian Road-Trip

Unfortunately last year's trip around the Rocky Mountain west showed me that I'm not up to tenting every night. So we chose the next best thing, to buy a camperized Westfalia. It's a cute, wine-red, 1991 model and a bigger vehicle than I've ever owned before. In our neighbourhood I think there are about 6 Westfalia's in a 3-block radius, so it's a little weird to be keeping up with the Joneses.

We've learned that we must wave at other Westfalia drivers (the peace sign is reserved for the older air-cooled versions), and then we must name it. The Big Red Brick seems accurate, but a little impersonal.
If you have suggestions for a name let us know.

2 comments:

  1. How about "Old Yeller"....
    Well I did name my dog SPOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about "old yeller", but "spot" is a possibility! We are considering putting polka dots on it for a bit of personal flamenco flair.

    ReplyDelete